Monday, March 28, 2011

Three weeks

Not that I'm counting or anything but...

I will be home in 3 weeks!! I have loved Mexico, though I must admit that I am very excited to go home. Here's some things I miss from home.

10. Understanding everything that is going on around me. - It can be fun, but the adventure of never knowing whats going on can get old, fast.
9. More of a selection of clothes to wear! - I really hate everything at this point. I feel disgusting every day.
8. Wide open green spaces - Oh lushness, how I miss you.
7. Clean streets and smells (!!!) - Seriously, cannot emphasize this ENOUGH.
6. The Maine Coast and woods - So beautiful and fresh
5.Being able to pick between going to the gym and running - Oh, you run to the cathedral, how I despise you at this point...
4. My Car -How nice will it be to have the freedom of a car and knowing where your going!
3. My Cat - Oh Gordito, I miss your cuddlyness.
2. Roommates - and that house in general. I miss the homey-ness.
1. Family and Ethan - contrary to popular belief, I really do miss you both!!! These people have helped me through all the hard times and enjoyed all the good times with me.


BUT...

I know that I will miss so many things from Mexico....top 10 things I will miss dearly.

10. Horchata, atole, tamales, tortillas, beans (wierd? probably. but so delicious), jamaica flavored water, that stringy cheese stuff, fresh salsa, memelas, all the food that I love! The list could go on..
9. Having the option of public transportation - It is quite nice to hop on a bus and not have to worry about how to get there.
8. Hot peppers - all kinds, shapes, sizes...everything is better with spice.
7. Delicious cakes - They are WAY better here than the US, frosting is scrumptious and they are always moist.
6. My kids - They are so so cute, I kind of want to steal a couple.
5. Street food - cheap and DELICIOUS.
4. Markets - whether it be food or souvenirs, they are so fun, and always colorful.
3. All my friends and my new family! ...my group is amazing, it will be hard to leave them. I also am sad that I didn't have much time with my new family - they are legend!
2. Being able to practice Spanish every day!
1. The weather - It literally has been sunny every day we've been here.


Well there you have it. And There is a lot more, and as I get thinking, it should be like the top 20 for each! But its a snippit of the things I love from both countries.



No comments: