Sunday, March 13, 2011

Birthday Weekend!!

So this weekend was my birthday weekend!!! It was super! Friday night my group (mostly McKenna) had set up a whole deal where she had asked Ethan a bunch of questions about me, and then they set up a game show with him through skype where Jordan, a boy in my group, asked me the questions and I had to guess what he answered...just like the game show Newlyweds, it was hilarious! But it was really nice, because I hadn't been able to skype him in a while (Well, like a little over a week, felt like forever) because of the internet at his house...annyyway, it was a really good night and so much fun, so we did a pretend game show and ate delicious cheesecake.

Then Saturday we went to Tehuacan. Tehuacan is like 2 hours away, it's where the other ILP group is, and we went to the zoo there. The zoo there is run by this guy who has a bunch of animals and lets people come and see them, its AMAZING. Because we got to pet tigers and lions and hold monkeys and a baby jaguar!! IT WAS INSANE!!! I felt like I was in a dreamland! And his house is right next door and he has a bunch of fossils and invited us to go see them and then ordered pizza for us and we ate pizza on his beautiful patio! It was CRAZY.

So it was a beautiful, wonderful birthday, and when we got home Mom and Dad's birthday card had arrived just in time! It was absolutely perfect. Here's some pictures to follow and there's more once I get ahold of them!

Us with the owner, Sergio.

Cutest monkey EVER, Tonito.
Me and my little sombrero that a guy made out of clay at the festival..OH YA. There just so happened to be a festival going on in Tehuacan that day. How lucky is that?!
Really cool tree carving.
KateLyn sized door! And it matches my dress.
Freaking out with a snake in my hands, I was just trying to watch its head the whole time.
Snake again!
Tehuacan is beautiful. Here's a picture of the blooming trees...spring is coming!


Feeding a grizzly bear. CRAZY!


And here's a video of us petting tigers!

No comments: