Saturday, March 5, 2011

Mexico shoes! Working on my artsy side.

So I decided that i don't do enough art here. Before mexico I was doing a lot of pottery and loving it, it was great to finally get my artistic side out but it's been lacking here!! The other night we bought these cheap shoes from Wal-Mart and took sharpies and made some mexico shoes..these are how mine came out!!

One side of the shoe with this little guy who is quite popular.
On the other side of this shoe it says 'Viva' so the whole thing says "Viva Mexico"

I enjoy this little lizard on this side, they're all over the place here!
Mexican flag and "Lennard"...Long story, but that's my guy name here. Inside joke not worth explaining.

This is probably my favorite side, it looks like graffiti. And it says "Classic", another inside joke, though a very popular phrase is "HA. classic." Whenever something funny or just ridiculous happens.
And the toes. I really like the sun on the right. And they both ended up having fun flowery/sunny things on the toes, worked out quite well.
So those are the shoes! They're quite fun and I'm proud of them, but mostly I had a rockin' time making them...Hey, maybe I'll learn how to draw and start drawing or something, you never know. But I have big plans for sewing and pottery when I get home!

No comments: