So things have been rough, as you all know, but I want to thank you guys for your support and emails and times I've talked to you and making sure that I'm still included in all the news in the states. Good to know that I have a great family backing me up.
I don't have pictures at the moment but when I get them off some peoples cameras I will post them. Things are definitely looking up, for the most part, definitely some things going on but as always it will get better. We went to a museum on Monday, Museo Amparo, it has a bunch of history about the Mayans and the Aztecs, it was alright, but really, I'm not that much of a museum fan, I'd rather walk around the city and have conversations with natives, much more enjoyable! At least we went on the free day of the museum (well that was planned) and didn't have to pay! Yesterday we went to this market in Cholula, the town right next to Puebla, which was really awesome to see, it is complete chaos with 1,000 vendors selling vegetables and clothes and random things and pigs head and chicken just hanging from the ceiling. It was cool to see a market that is set up for locals, it's not touristy at all, and it's only on Wednesdays. It was really really cool, pictures to come from that.
Classes are going well and my teachers are really amazing teachers, I'm so proud of them! I have a great group and we all laugh a lot and have a lot of fun together, plus there are some teachers that teach for another program, "Help!" and they are really super awesome, also, I'm glad that we have them there to hang out with! I'm studying my Spanish and TRYING to get better, but dang is it hard! I think maybe I should start e-mailing Aunt Kathy, Michael and Steve in Spanish! You just can't make fun of my grammar!
Well I hope I didn't bore you guys too much, more pictures to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment