Saturday, March 6, 2010

Adventure to Mendoza

Hi All! Sorry for the major delays between posts, though I have an excuse this time because I took a trip to Mendoza. Mendoza is almost exactly opposite from Buenos Aires, it is right be Chile and the Andes. It is a BEAUTIFUL city, the city is gorgeous, though the mountains are only an hour away.
Let's see if I can give you a recollection of the past week, seems like it went by so fast! First of all, we had about a 17 hr busride, which is never fun, but I guess if you compare it to the 40 hourish busride in China thats nothing! Though the trains were more comfortable, seeing as we had sleeper trains, and these seats only reclined a bit, definitely better than a plane but still not the best! We got to Mendoza on Saturday when we heard about the Earthquake...man I swear I attract Earthquakes! The funny thing is we were very close to where the Earthquake was when it happened because I was traveling at the time (duh) and the same thing happened in China, I was traveling close to where the earthquake hit in China when it happened there...guess I just attract them! At least I wasn't actually in Haiti when the earthquake hit there!

So we did a lot of traveling around the city, we rented bikes one day and toured the city, which was really fun, its a lot smaller than Buenos Aires, though that was a welcome change. The city is set up really cool in Mendoza, theres 5 main plazas, these squares that are about a block long on each side, if you know what I mean, and each one has a different theme, one is Spanish, others just themed with a certain statue or just a certain style of art, I'll show pictures, they were beautiful! So there was one big square in the middle and then around the big square there were 4 others, obviously not right next to each other..hard to explain, though maybe you get the point. We spent a lot of time just enjoying the city, the sun, and not being in a HUGE city. So we spent time exploring the city and then on Tuesday took an hour busride up to the mountains, which are SO gorgeous. There we did some trekking, propelling, and kayaking, which was really fun, nice to get out in nature again! I fell in love with a little puppy at the hostel up there, theres like 7 dogs that live at the hostel, they are all strays and they end up living there, and the newest one was this little puppy, the biggest cuddlebug I have ever met! I was so sad to have to leave him there, by the end of the two days, he'd see me sitting at the table and come to me and climb up on my lap..it was love at first sight! There was just a bunch of stuff going on around the city, lots of vendors, live music and such, we met this one guy in the park one night who was playing guitar and he told us that he had another show Thursday night at a bar/coffee shop place so we went to go see him and he was AMAZING. He speaks really good English and sang songs in English and Spanish..he shredded the 12 string guitar!! It was unbelievable...he told us that really all he has ever done his whole life is play music and he's lived off that...quite amazing. I was a little jealous!

So anyway, I will put some pictures up, I think they will show best!



No comments: