A cool temple at the Nationalities village. I thought it was really pretty, though, I did NOT feel good at all this day! As you may have noticed, you haven't really heard from me or seen any new blog posts lately! Well, that would probably be because your poor sister has been dying in her bed for the last 4 days. Last Wednesday I decided to drink the cold water from our water cooler instead of letting hot water cool down because I was really thirsty and thought it would be fine. It WAS from one of those big water coolers, not the faucet. So that night I woke up...very very sick. So I was in bed all Thursday and Friday and woke up Saturday and said "I think I'm getting better." Bad idea. I ate a tiny tiny bit for breakfast, just for energy, and we had this noodle soup stuff for lunch that I didn't really want, but i said, Hey, might as well get some energy. So I ate about four bites. I felt super sick the rest of the day and it would be my luck that our bus broke down in Kunming. This village was about 20 minutes outside of Kunming, so we had to catch a public bus to Kunming first. Well, as you probably all know, public busses stop and start a lot, and takes about 10 times longer to get anywhere. We were on the bus for about an hour or more, hot, stuffy, jerking away. I made if off the bus, but when we got off the bus in Kunming, we had to walk to the sidewalk and walk the street. I got across one side of the street and as we were waiting at the middle median to cross the other side...it was all over. I turned around and threw up allll over the street and sidewalk. It was definitely not my day. I felt SO stupid because there were SO many people around me and I was just throwing up noodles everywhere! It wasn't a pretty sight..but now I look back and say "Well, most people can't say they've thrown up in the middle of a city in China!" haha. So then I spent another day and a half in bed and got two IV's (that's what they do for EVERYTHING here I guess) and I feel tons better!
A well or something? Not quite sure, but it was cool!
A cool round stone, and Caitlyn snuck in the picture!
This was after the elephant show. It was really cool and hte elephants did a bunch of crazy tricks! This is a very bad picture of me, but the elephants look pretty cute!! They were holding trunks to make a seat for us to sit on. Elephants feel really wierd, too! It was cool though. They were so so cute. I was thinking maybe I'd bring one home in my suitcase :)





2 comments:
Oh, poor KateLyn. I feel so bad for you:( I have been sick this past weekend too. But it doesn't sound like I've had it as bad as you. Do you remember that you threw up in the Joseph Smith Building in SLC too? I guess you are just lucking and get to have embarrassing throw up moments. I was wondering why we hadn't heard from you. I hope you get better and it doesn't happen again! Did you have a good birthday??
Mom just told me on Sunday that you were sick. I felt so so bad for you! I'm glad you're feeling better...you are feeling better, right? Cool pics!
Post a Comment